Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Cooper - 21 weeks

A recap of Cooper's 21st week...
This was Cooper's first full week at daycare.  He seemed to have a great week!  Drew and I both dropped him off on the first day and he did great at drop-off.  He didn't cry, but also he didn't really know what was going on either!  I didn't cry as much as I did with Chase, but I think a big part of that was that I knew who the teachers were this time around and I trust them very much.  That doesn't mean I didn't cry though!  I did have to hug Ms. Betty in the hallway before I left!  I didn't get an opportunity to pick Chase and Cooper up that day (even though I'm working a reduced schedule, I'm still having a hard time getting out the door before 5!), but Drew had said that the teachers mentioned that Cooper acted a little timid the first hour or so, but then started smiling and being a happy boy.

At "school" they got him to eat every 2 hours, so after starting him off with 3 ounce bottles on Monday, I bumped him up to 4 ounce bottles by the end of the week.  I think he was a little unhappy about the 2 hour schedule, because there were a few days Cooper came home sounding hoarse (I expect from crying).  He napped very little this first week.  Most of his naps were about 15 to 20 minutes in length, but I think he took at least a couple of 45 minute naps this week.

When he came home in the evenings he was very happy and rarely ever cried.  He definitely wanted his momma time when he saw me!  But this boy was zonked out by 7 each night.  School wore him out!  After going to sleep at 7 though, he'd wake back up again at 11pm to eat again, but then he'd go back to sleep immediately after until 4 or 5 in the morning.  By the end of the week I think he got used to the school schedule and could stay up until at least 8 or 9 before bed.

No comments: