Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Cooper - 31 weeks

A recap of Cooper's 31st week...

This week Cooper turned 7 months old.  So hard to believe that the past several months have gone by so fast.  I just love him to pieces!  Drew and I hit the jackpot with these two little guys!

The highlights of this week that I have noted include:

Cooper began strumming his lips and making the "aggghhhh" sounds when someone touches his mouth.  I don't really know how else to describe it but in not-so-politically-correct terms, "like an Indian".

The terrible sleeping has continued.  Drew and I are tired.  All the time.  Usually by 1 or 2, Cooper is sleeping (or eating) right next to me in the "big bed".  I think all second kids are like this, right?  Chase was such a great sleeper, that this is totally new to us!

I began starting to bring breakfast and lunch for Cooper at school.  That adds another 5 or so minutes to the morning routine as I trying to plan his food and stick it in labeled tupperware.  I also have to vary up the menu each day because he gets tired of something if he's had something 2 days in a row!  Such high maintenance! :)

This week Cooper began biting me while nursing.  Not fun!  At all!  I never experienced this with Chase because he got his teeth around 8 months and we were done nursing by that time.  To try to teach him that it is not ok, I have to pull him off and say "No!" to him.  Drew laughs at this every time.  Most of the time Cooper laughs too, but sometimes he cries which makes me SOOOO sad!

We finally brought the highchair downstairs and Cooper loves sitting in it.  And I love that it's another safe place to put him while I scramble in the morning to get everything ready!  I can usually put a stuffed animal or small toy on the tray and that'll keep him entertained for the 60 seconds until he knocks it off!

No comments: