When I returned to work in January, I still had 2 weeks of parental leave left to take. I'm taking those weeks beginning tomorrow. SOOO looking forward to it! The next two weeks are devoted to getting my house as clean and organized as I can during the morning hours and playing with Chase during the afternoon hours. After I drop Chase off at daycare, I'll be tackling my one room a day (minimum) cleaning/organization plan (my "14 rooms in 14 days" plan) to slowly but surely get this house back in order since no true deep cleaning has been done since at least the month before Chase was born. I cleaned the guest bathroom on Saturday to get a head start. Oh, it's so refreshing to see it clean again!!
Then after Chase gets picked up in the afternoon the plan is to do as many fun activities as we can outside. Walks around the block, maybe a trip to the lake near the BPAC to see the ducks, or a trip to a park to see how he does with the swings. Who knows! Poor kid hasn't been anywhere so I want to do as much as I can these next two weeks.
I'll leave you tonight with some cute pictures from this afternoon. We attended a birthday party for two of Chase's second cousins who are turning 1 this week. It was a pool party so Chase wore his swim trunks and a matching Polo (too cute!). Chase didn't go into the pool because mommy and daddy didn't want to get in a swimsuit in front of anyone, but we still had fun!
This pictures spells out some trouble we're going to have with Chase. He was trying to take over this toy from the birthday boy. Mercy! It was a reminder that we're someday going to actually have to start parenting, rather than just keeping him alive!
No comments:
Post a Comment