So, I've already mentioned that Chase woke up with a gross, wet cough on Christmas morning. Not sure where it came from, but sure enough, it was there! I think his symptoms got worse progressively over the course of the day and he was starting to get a fever as the day went on. By that night, the cough had gotten more persistent and the phlegm was starting to choke him. After being asleep for about 1 hour, he woke himself up coughing and gagged on all the mucus and threw up! It was such a pitiful sight to walk in there and see him sitting up with vomit all over his sleep sack and his little lovey bear.
He got even worse on Sunday, so we had plans on taking him to the doctor on Monday morning. By the time the doctor got into the room, Chase was laid out on the table looking miserable! Our doctor didn't hear any wheezing which is good because that was what I was fearing. Then our doctor mentioned the "F" word. The "Flu". I was caught a little off guard. I hadn't even considered that, but based on how miserable he was, I figured well maybe. As the doctor left the room, I then remembered that Chase had his flu vaccination, so I was hopeful that wasn't it.
So Chase had a cotton swab stuck up his nose to test for the flu (lovely!) and his thumb pricked to test his white blood cells. He tested negative for the flu and his white blood cells were on the high side of normal. Our doctor diagnosed him with bronchitis, gave him antibiotics as a precautionary measure, and said he should hopefully feel better by Wednesday.
It was a long week! Chase was just absolutely miserable. I would never describe my child as clingy, but that word definitely described him this week. He wanted to be held all week and the only time he didn't act sick was when he was playing in his new playroom (best money spent ever!). He didn't eat much - milk, water, and snacks only.
Whatever this illness was - bronchitis or whatever - hit him hard! He was out of school the first 3 days this week, and we took him back today because his fever finally broke and he was starting to get back in happier spirits. He got a "Sad" and "Clingy" on his report card. :( Hopefully by Monday he'll be a "Happy" and "Bouncy" boy again as usual.
Picture in the doctors office after our doctor did his initial exam. Unhappy!
Checking out his cool band-aid!
Waiting for the lab results wore him out! Only wanting Mama!



No comments:
Post a Comment