Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Chase - 2 years, 11 months

Big boy is getting bigger and smarter and wiser and craftier and more cunning and cuter and more hilarious and he is such a joy!

I was having a busy week at work so I never had time to take any good pictures of the guys for the monthly shots, so Drew got this one for me!


Chase currently weighs about 36 pounds.  I think over half that weight must be milk and the other half is fruit chews and chicken nuggets.

Late last month Drew got sick and tired of hearing Avenger DVDs playing in the car so he decided to buy some preschool videos that would teach Chase about the letters, numbers, colors, shapes, and some other early reading videos.  Oh my gosh, those videos are so horribly boring to watch as an adult, but Chase LOVES them!  Since we've bought them, Chase has had a love affair with his letters and numbers.  He's reading out letters and numbers to us everywhere we go.  Chase didn't need any help with his shapes because he mastered those over a year ago (even though he has yet to pronounce rectangle, square, and triangle properly)!  He hasn't quite got the whole color thing down yet.  He knows the names of all the colors, but if you ask him what color something is, he'll just shout out a random color - usually green, blue, purple, or black!

The closer we get to 3 the more and more tantrums Chase is likely to have at any given moment.  I can sense when most tantrums are coming and usually do whatever I can to make sure they don't happen since handling a 6 month old in a heavy carrier and a near 3 year old who all of a sudden lost the use of his legs and is in a whining/screaming fit is not my idea of a good time when I'm already late for work and I've also got Cooper's diaper bag and my car keys and probably a package or two of diapers with me as well.  Have I mentioned that morning drop offs are usually pretty interesting!? 

The security key pad by the entrance to daycare has been my nemesis lately.  Chase wants to press the code each morning, but that involves putting all of my things and Cooper down and picking Chase up to type in the code.  Most of the time, he'll just let me lead him in pressing the code while he shouts out the numbers (top notch security there!).  Other times he wants to go off script and start pressing random numbers.  Then you have the random parent who does the "nice" thing by trying to hold the door open for you.  Nope.  Chase doesn't allow that and I have to try to politely decline their helpfulness while I try to get Chase to enter the right code!  Luckily days like that only happen about once a week or so!

{to update more later - Life too busy}

No comments: